It’s time to start thinking about what you’ll do in 2018
If you’re like most people, you spend the holidays both reflecting on the year that was and thinking about the plans you have for the year to come. Which means that even though it’s cold outside, your thoughts may be turning to this year’s vacation(s).
If you’re thinking of spending time in Toronto as part of your vacation this year, you should probably consider executive suites (also known as ‘extended stay apartments’ or ‘furnished suites’).
Why think about executive suites for vacation?
- You get (a lot) more for your money. Even the 2-star downtown Toronto hotels are listing summer ‘deals’ at $250/night, making them prohibitive for more than a night or two. For the cost of 3 nights in a small Marriott room, you can get a week in a (bigger, more attractive) downtown condo
- You get a lot more space. While we do have some studios, we also have lots of 1, 2 and 3-bedroom suites, which means you can bring the kids (or the in-laws, or friends) and not have to eat snacks while you’re sitting on the bed.
- Cleanliness. You don’t have to be a neat freak to feel a little icky about the fact that any hotel room has probably had thousands of guests before you. Furnished suites, on the other hand, have far fewer guests and are refurbished regularly. (Ours also have proprietary bedbug-safe linens, pillows and encased mattresses, which hotels just don’t offer.)
- You can eat better. Toronto has all kinds of great restaurants, and you’ll want to try lots of them. But even the most hardcore foodies often prefer breakfast in their own kitchen, and sometimes it’s nice to have a homecooked dinner, even on vacation. Our suites have fully-equipped, full-size kitchens, which mean you can eat what you want, when you want (and for a lot less than room service).
- Entertaining. When you’re on vacation, sometimes you just want to hang out and have a glass of wine with friends. Hotel rooms make it difficult to relax (someone always has to perch on the end of the bed), but furnished suites mean we can have appetizers and drinks ‘at home’ before we head out for the evening.
- It’s easier to telecommute – and still remain productive. Our furnished suites have more amenities and room than most hotel rooms, which means that it’s easier to set up a temporary office. Many of our guests who come for a month or more tell us that the ‘apartment’ environment is more conducive to getting work done, which allows them to extend their stay.
So go ahead – enjoy the cold weather, the skiing and the snow. But it’s okay to daydream about the summer to come, and how you could be spending it in Toronto this year.